Today was the day my husband graduated from the United States Navy!! I'm so proud and happy for him and our future!
This recipe is amazing and super yummy!!! I made these to have as a post or pre-workout snack. I enjoy them soo much! They are packed full of fiber, protein, and healthy fats. Enjoy! They are a great meal, great snack for kids when the first get out of school, etc. This is all REAL food and non-processed! Let me know what ya think!
3 C Whole Oats
1 C Raw Local Honey
1/4 C Dark Chocolate Chips
1/2 C Dried Organic Cranberries
1/4 C Raw Sunflower Seeds
1/4 C Raw Pumpkin Seeds
1/4 C Flax Seeds
3/4 C Raw Almonds (Chopped)
2 Eggs or equal egg substitute
1 Tsp Cinnamon
1/2 Tsp Nutmeg
1/4 Tsp Allspice
1) Mix all the dry ingredients together
2) In a separate bowl, mix honey, spices, and egg/egg substitute together
3) Mix wet and dry ingredients together
4) Get your cupcake pans out. Now you can make these in the mini cupcakes or the regular sized ones. Line them with the liners, spray the liners with your homemade (2 ingredient) spray.
5) Fill the cupcake tins and press hard.
6) Pop in the oven
Mini - 7 to 9 minutes
Regular - 15-17 minutes
Pop them out and enjoy!
After making a regular batch of no-bake cookies for a friend of mine, I realized how much sugar is involved. I'm not saying sugar is the enemy... but my body doesn't do too well on sugar. I don't have as much energy, I don't sleep very well, and I just feel blahhh. I often use natural sweeteners for my foods :) Here is my recipe for healthy no-bake cookies. They won't be as hard as your average no-bake cookie, they are a bit more gooey- but they taste exactly like no-bake cookies.
1 1/2 C Raw Local Honey
1 1/2 C Quick Oats
1 1/2 C Whole Oats
3 TBSP Cocoa (use regular cocoa or extra dark cocoa)
1/2 C Peanut Butter (I used 1 ingredient peanut butter)
1/2 C Almond Milk
1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
1 Tbsp Vanilla
1) In stock pot, put honey, cocoa, and milk. Mix together with a whisk.
2) Bring to boil
3) Once it is boiling, set your timer for 1 minute, stir constantly
4) When the timer goes off, lower the heat, add in peanut butter, coconut oil, and vanilla
5) Mix until everything is thoroughly mixed
6) Mix in the oats
7) Put dollops on wax paper and let them set up. They won't be as hard as the average no-bake cookie. They will be a bit more gooey.
Tip- Toss them in the freezer for a quick post workout snack that is cool and yummy :)
The people of Hungary have some pretty amazing food! The country is a very poor country and they usually have some interesting ways of creating dishes. Chicken paprikash, goulash, and lencse are some very popular dishes that many Americans know of.
This dish that I have here is káposzta which roughly translates to cabbage. It is a very healthy dish and it is vegetarian!!! :)
1/4 Green Cabbage Roughly Chopped
1/4 Red Cabbage Roughly Chopped
1/4 Orange Bell Pepper Chopped
1/4 Yellow Bell Pepper Chopped
1/4 Green Pepper Chopped
1/4 Poblano Pepper diced
1 bunch asparagus (I used the top halfs only)
5 Garlic Cloves
4-5 TBSP Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1 tsp Onion Powder
1 1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper
4-5 Hungarian Paprika (I use lots!)
1) Chop all veggies
2) Put oil, onions, peppers, and garlic in the pan and sautee it a bit
3) Add in your asparagus
4) Add in all spices but paprika
5) sautee for about 3 minutes
6) Add in cabbage
7) Add paprika
8) Mix together well- if it doesn't look red enough.. add more paprika (I don't measure mine I just add and add and add :) )
9) Cover pan and let cook on medium for about 5-6 minutes
10) Mix well :)
-Serve on plate and serve it with some sour cream. You can even add some hot sauce to it if you would like :)
My body stats. I personally would suggest that people don't focus on a number! You should get the results of feeling energized, healthy, and looking good. Success should not be determined by a number on a scale or a measurement. Be beautiful and happy :)
Who am I?
My name is Jes! I am the earth loving, natural parenting, Jesus loving weirdo your mama might have warned you about! I am the owner of an organic, chemical free skin care product line, called HBC Organics.