If you love Chai Tea Lattes, chai spice, or even my vanilla chai cupcakes- you will adore these chai energy bars- they are like the "clif bar" if you have ever had one!
They are completely vegan, raw, and organic (how amazing!). Here is the recipe:
1 1/4 Cup Organic Whole Oats
1 Cup Organic Steel Cut Oats
2 Tbsp Organic Flaxseed
2 Tbsp Organic Chai Seeds
12 medjool dates (pitted)
1/4 Cup Organic Raw Almonds
3/8 Cup Organic Coconut Butter
1/8 Cup Peanut Butter (I used homemade 1 ingredient)
1/3 Cup Raw Honey
1 Tbsp Cinnamon
1 Tbsp Ground Cardamom
1/4 Tsp Ground Clove
1/4 Tsp Ground Nutmeg
1/8 Tsp Ground Ginger
- In large food processor combine whole oats, steel cut oats, flaxseed, chai seeds, almonds, and spices
- Process until everything is mixed together well- but not flour consistancy
- In small bowl combine honey, coconut butter, and peanut butter
- Whisk together until combined
- Add dates and liquids to food processor
- Process until everything is properly mixed together- how you will know that the consistency is right is you can take some of it and roll it into a ball and it will stay.
- Put parchment paper into a 6 X 6 pan
- Pour everything onto the parchment paper and press down until it is evenly distributed around the pan.
- Put in refrigerator until it has set up.
- Cut into squares and enjoy!
Bone broth is an amazing healing agent for the body! It helps put bones back where they belong, demolishes bone spurs, heals leaky gut, helps with allergies, helps people hold chiropractic adjustments, and reduces inflammation. It also is very good for the nerves and for the brain. It can help with pain tolerance as well!
So you may hear me talk about Bone Broth from time to time and this is what I'm referring to!
Here is the recipe:
Organic Bones- MUST BE ORGANIC!
Large Pot or Roasting Pan (I prefer roasting pan because then I'm free to roam about the home and leave the home as well)
Cover the bones with water
Add 1 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
Cook on low for one day
Once the one day mark is up, add some veggies and herbs!
-Herbs de Providence
Cook for one more day on low
Strain and can or freeze the broth- Enjoy!
Rhubarb is one of my favorite fruits! It is really easy to grow and take care of. I have been blessed to be living in my husbands aunt and uncle's lake house that has at least 20 organic rhubarb plants. This has already been a great yea for rhubarb- we will get at least 3 harvests this year!
This is my rhubarb jam- so sugar! It has some spice to it which is lovely! It also reminds me a bit of an apple flavor once it is done- but even better! I hope you all enjoy!
4 C fresh rhubarb
3/4 organic agave nectar
1 tsp cinnamon
Place all ingredients in a stock pot and begin cooking over medium heat. Cover. Let simmer until rhubarb isn't stiff anymore and the juices and agave are at a rolling boil. Ladel the mixture into a food processor and process until smooth.
This isn't like a berry type of jam- it is much different but enjoyable! I eat it on freshly cooked quinoa or on whole grain toast!
Who am I?
My name is Jessica Kellaway! I am the earth loving, natural parenting, Jesus loving weirdo your mama might have warned you about!