If you love Chai Tea Lattes, chai spice, or even my vanilla chai cupcakes- you will adore these chai energy bars- they are like the "clif bar" if you have ever had one!
They are completely vegan, raw, and organic (how amazing!). Here is the recipe:
1 1/4 Cup Organic Whole Oats
1 Cup Organic Steel Cut Oats
2 Tbsp Organic Flaxseed
2 Tbsp Organic Chai Seeds
12 medjool dates (pitted)
1/4 Cup Organic Raw Almonds
3/8 Cup Organic Coconut Butter
1/8 Cup Peanut Butter (I used homemade 1 ingredient)
1/3 Cup Raw Honey
1 Tbsp Cinnamon
1 Tbsp Ground Cardamom
1/4 Tsp Ground Clove
1/4 Tsp Ground Nutmeg
1/8 Tsp Ground Ginger
- In large food processor combine whole oats, steel cut oats, flaxseed, chai seeds, almonds, and spices
- Process until everything is mixed together well- but not flour consistancy
- In small bowl combine honey, coconut butter, and peanut butter
- Whisk together until combined
- Add dates and liquids to food processor
- Process until everything is properly mixed together- how you will know that the consistency is right is you can take some of it and roll it into a ball and it will stay.
- Put parchment paper into a 6 X 6 pan
- Pour everything onto the parchment paper and press down until it is evenly distributed around the pan.
- Put in refrigerator until it has set up.
- Cut into squares and enjoy!
Who am I?
My name is Jes! I am the earth loving, natural parenting, Jesus loving weirdo your mama might have warned you about! I am the owner of an organic, chemical free skin care product line, called HBC Organics.