Granola Bars are so expensive when you think about it- and they have tons of sugar and bad stuff in them. Granola bars are so simple to make and very healthy as a snack or breakfast.
I thought I would share a recipe that I made tonight and hope everyone likes them! It is really healthy with no added sugars. It is a great snack to enjoy!
What you need:
-3/4 C Organic Honey
-3 C Organic Old Fashioned Oats
-1/2 C Mini Chocolate Chips
-1 C One Ingredient Peanut Butter (or other nut butter)
1) In a large bowl, mix honey, peanut butter, and egg. (I do this in a standing mixer)
2) Slowly add in the oats
3) Mix really good
4) Sometimes I will use my hands to make sure everything is mixed really good.
5) Preheat oven to 350
6) A) To make these into granola bars- you can simply put parchment paper down in a rectangular pan. Press the mixture all around the pan. You will have like 1/2 inch of mixture.
B) To make these into cups- put 12 cupcake liners in a cupcake pan and fill the cupcake liners.
7) Cook at 350 for 15 minutes.
8) Pull out of the oven and let them cool. If you are making these into bars- pull the parchment paper out of the pan and set them on the counter to cool. Once they are cooled cut them into bars !
Who am I?
My name is Jessica Kellaway! I'm a dog loving, earth conscious, recycling, tree hugging, breast feeding, cloth diapering, whole food eating, semi-vegetarian weirdo! I am a Nutritionist, Holistic Health Coach, Personal Trainer, and Naturopathic Practitioner. I am currently attending school to be a Naturopathic Doctor!