It has been said for years that Chicken Soup is therapeutic and good for the soul. I always knew this in the back of my head but it wasn't until I started studying nutrition that I really understood why!
I came up with a recipe that is extremely amazing and yummy! Even my semi-vegetarian self with eat it (and I do not really like the taste of meat).
Why is this so good for you? This recipe contains homemade bone broth. Bone broth is one of the most nourishing and healing foods on earth. Bone broth can help to heal leaky gut, establish order in the immune system, nourish someone back to health, and much much more!
6 Cups of Chicken Bone Broth (you can find the recipe for this here)
1-2 cups of chicken (or 2 chicken breasts-- I prefer the dark meat from the legs and thighs)
2-3 stalks of organic celery (chopped)
2-3 large carrots (thinly sliced)
1 medium onion (chopped)
3-5 cloves of garlic (minced)
2-3 Tablespoons of grassfed butter
1-2 Tablespoons of unrefined, cold pressed coconut oil
1 cup organic corn
1 cup organic peas
1 Tablespoon parsley
1 Teaspoon oregano
2 Tablespoons coconut flour
1 1/2 Cups of organic gluten free (or grain free) pasta
opt 2 tsp of hot sauce & 2 tsp of worcestershire sauce
1) Slice and dice all of your veggies
2) In a large stock pot, combine butter, coconut oil, onions, and garlic. Sautee for 2-3 minutes of until the onions become translucent
3) Next add the carrots and celery, sautee about 4-5 minutes, Add in the flour and mix it around the veggies really well.
4) Add in the bone broth & hot sauce & worcestershire sauce
5) This part is very important! Keep the temperature at low-med
6) Add in the chicken and herbs
7) Be sure not to let the soup boil, if it boils your chicken will not be tender!
8) Let cook for a while, stirring occasionally. You will notice that the chicken will SLOWLY start to cook thoroughly. You can always take a piece out and cut it to see if it is done.
9) Add in noodles, corn, and peas when the chicken is half done.
10) Let simmer/cook for about 20-30 minutes. Then remove from heat and cover with a lid.
When you are ready to eat this delicious and nourishing soup add some Pink Himalayan Salt and pepper and enjoy!
Who am I?
My name is Jes! I am the earth loving, natural parenting, Jesus loving weirdo your mama might have warned you about! I am the owner of an organic, chemical free skin care product line, called HBC Organics.