Even though I am a eat healthy advocate, I still LOVE some of my sweets! Luckily, a lot of the sweets that I like can be made into a much healthier version! Lately with killing it at the gym and I don't know maybe just life in general, I have been craving Almond Joys! The only problem with just buying an Almond Joy is that #1 There is soooo much sugar and chemicals in them that there is no point! #2 They are kinda small!
After searching through some recipes I found online- some that looked super good but still weren't Healthy by Choice worthy, I finally found a couple that would work and I tweaked them a bit!
1/2-3/4 C 80-90% cacao melted chocolate (you can buy this in bars or in chips- to find the chips is much more difficult)
3 C Raw Shredded Unsweetened Coconut
1/2 C Raw Organic Honey
6 Organic Egg Whites
Preheat oven to 350
1) Whip Egg Whites and Honey together
2) Fold in Coconut - until mixed well
3) Get out your raw almonds (There are 2 ways you can do this, 1) Chop the almonds and mix them in with the coconut or 2) When you put the coconut into the cups add them on top)
4) Get out a cupcake tin, this can be the regular size or the mini, put the little parchment paper things in there, spray with homemade cooking spray
5) Press the coconut mixture into the cupcake tins, they should be about half way full
6) Pop in the oven (20 min for regular sized cupcake tin, 10 minutes for the mini)
7) Begin melting your chocolate on the stove
8) When the coconut is done cooking, put a thin (or thick for those of you with a super sweet tooth) layer of melted chocolate on the top.
9) Let cool & chocolate to harden and enjoy! I put mine in the freezer and pull one out at a time to enjoy!
Who am I?
My name is Jes! I am the earth loving, natural parenting, Jesus loving weirdo your mama might have warned you about! I am the owner of an organic, chemical free skin care product line, called HBC Organics.