After making a regular batch of no-bake cookies for a friend of mine, I realized how much sugar is involved. I'm not saying sugar is the enemy... but my body doesn't do too well on sugar. I don't have as much energy, I don't sleep very well, and I just feel blahhh. I often use natural sweeteners for my foods :) Here is my recipe for healthy no-bake cookies. They won't be as hard as your average no-bake cookie, they are a bit more gooey- but they taste exactly like no-bake cookies.
1 1/2 C Raw Local Honey
1 1/2 C Quick Oats
1 1/2 C Whole Oats
3 TBSP Cocoa (use regular cocoa or extra dark cocoa)
1/2 C Peanut Butter (I used 1 ingredient peanut butter)
1/2 C Almond Milk
1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
1 Tbsp Vanilla
1) In stock pot, put honey, cocoa, and milk. Mix together with a whisk.
2) Bring to boil
3) Once it is boiling, set your timer for 1 minute, stir constantly
4) When the timer goes off, lower the heat, add in peanut butter, coconut oil, and vanilla
5) Mix until everything is thoroughly mixed
6) Mix in the oats
7) Put dollops on wax paper and let them set up. They won't be as hard as the average no-bake cookie. They will be a bit more gooey.
Tip- Toss them in the freezer for a quick post workout snack that is cool and yummy :)
Who am I?
My name is Jessica Kellaway! I am the earth loving, natural parenting, Jesus loving weirdo your mama might have warned you about!