My husband and I discovered Nutella about 4 years ago and it's been the best and worst thing that has ever happened to us! My husband will eat Nutella on everything haha! When I have a sweet craving I usually had a spoonful- knowing it wasn't good for me!
Since I make everything else myself I thought I would try to make Nutella myself. I have had many trial and errors via Pinterest and decided to do my own thing and see how it would work- and it worked very well!
Always use organic ingredients when possible
1 1/2 Cups of Hazelnuts
2 tbsp coconut oil
2 tbsp hazelnut oil
3/4 Cup of melted chocolate chips (I use Enjoy Life Brand you can find it on amazon)
3/4 Cup honey (if you are transitioning from Nutella to the homemade kind add the honey plus 2 tbsp coconut sugar to help transition for the first batch)
1/4 Cup Coconut Milk
- set oven to 350 and roast the hazelnuts for 15 minutes
- let the hazelnuts cool- this is very important
- once the hazelnuts are cooled, try to remove the skins- I don't remove all of the skins just some.
- put them in a food processor and process until it is a thinner consistency.
- add the honey and oils - blend
- melt the chocolate chips on the stove and then add them to the food processor
- begin to blend- it will have a watery part that comes to the top, pour this into a cup and don't throw it away.
-continue to blend the mixture & you will notice that it is very thick and starting to be hard on the food processor, this is when you add the milk and a tbsp of the liquid you drained off.
- keep processing until very smooth (of it's your first batch add the coconut sugar)
- put into a glass jar with a kid and then put it in the fridge!
Enjoy it! It tastes nuttier than the store bought kind but I enjoy it much more!
Who am I?
My name is Jes! I am the earth loving, natural parenting, Jesus loving weirdo your mama might have warned you about! I am the owner of an organic, chemical free skin care product line, called HBC Organics.