This is an Indian recipe that a friend of mine gave to me and it is delish!!!
What you need:
1 can organic garbanzo beans (chick peas)
1/2 onion diced
1 can organic tomatoes
1/4 c organic fresh tomatoes diced
1 handful organic baby spinach
4 garlic cloves
1 jalapeño diced (if using canned about 8 rings then dice them)
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp curry
1 tbsp turmeric
1 tbsp cornstarch
What you do:
- in a stock pot, put about 1-2 tbsp olive oil and heat on medium
- add in onions, garlic, jalapeños, and fresh tomatoes sautée until fragrant
- add in canned tomatoes (with juice), garbanzo beans, and spinach
- add water until it barely covers the veggies, bring to boil
- add spices
- cover, cook 10 minutes
- add cornstarch (I mixed cornstarch with water then poured water in) mix well
- let cook another 5 minutes or until it is thick
- ladle out some and put in a bowl :) eat over rice or with naan bread!
Who am I?
My name is Jes! I am the earth loving, natural parenting, Jesus loving weirdo your mama might have warned you about! I am the owner of an organic, chemical free skin care product line, called HBC Organics.