Around here my family & close friends know how amazing my chicken noodle soup is. I make it just right, with chicken that isn't hard or dry but soft & juicy! I recently made some chicken noodle soup for one of my friends, my mom & stepdad, and my sister-in-law- they all raved "This is sooo good!!!".
Since I am now a vegetarian, I decided to come up with a soup that is similar to this and just as yummy (unless you are looking for actual chicken!). I have to say I was a little skeptical of myself- but I really enjoyed it- especially because it is starting to get pretty cold & windy up here in Michigan!
Here is the yummy recipe & directions! Enjoy!!
1/2 onion (diced)
1 celery heart (chopped)
3-4 carrots (chopped)
1-2 cloves garlic (minced)
1-2 tbsp coconut flour (or regular flour if you don't mind gluten)
1/2 bag frozen peas
1/2 bag frozen corn
1/2 tsp basil
1/2 tsp parsley
1 quart vegetable broth
2 cups water
1 cup dry gluten free pasta (or egg noodles if you don't mind gluten)
2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp olive oil
1) Chop all your veggies right away
2) In a stock pot, combine butter, olive oil, onions, and garlic
3) Sautee about 3 minutes or until the onions start to get translucent
4) Add celery & carrots
5) Cook for about 5 minutes
6) Add spices
7) Add flour and stir really good
8) Pour in water & broth
9) Turn the heat to medium - low now
10) Add noodles
11) Let it come to a simmer- could take about 10 minutes or so- add a lid to it
12) Add in the frozen veggies
13) Put all the way on low & let it cook for about 20-30 minutes
14) Enjoy! It is great by itself or with a yummy sandwich!
Who am I?
My name is Jes! I am the earth loving, natural parenting, Jesus loving weirdo your mama might have warned you about! I am the owner of an organic, chemical free skin care product line, called HBC Organics.