Check out the GIVEAWAY at the bottom!
If you follow my facebook page, you will notice I talk about my extracts -- All the time... Well to be honest, I use them daily! There are so many different things you can do with extracts! The holidays will soon be upon us- with Autumn comes Thanksgiving & Winter comes Christmas & New Years! That calls for a lot of gift giving, party hosting, and COOKING!
My extracts are much different than the kind you buy at the local grocery store. First off- they are gluten free! Perfection huh? They are also very strong. They are infused for at least 2-3 moons, according to the lunar schedule! The best way to get strong extracts. Plus they are cost effective!
Below you will see a list of things you can use extracts for! Also check out the giveaway below for a chance to win a FREE extract!
- Vanilla (find it here)
- Cinnamon (find ithere)
- Cinnamon-Vanilla (find it here)
- Vanilla-Espresso (find it here)
The extracts I will have available for the holiday season will be:
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Chai Spice
With that being said, here is a list of things I use extracts for all the time! Some of them might surprise you!
- Overnight oats (vanilla-espresso is my favorite for this one)
- I make my own nut-butters, you can add these to them for lots of extra flavor!
- Yogurt (I always buy plain greek yogurt. I do this because I would much rather add my own sweetener, honey or maple syrup, and flavoring. My favorite is Cinnamon or I add orange & vanilla together)
- Protein Shakes (A lot of people buy the simple vanilla protein powder, whether it is whey or plant sourced. If you add espresso to it, WOW! It is a great way to add flavor to your morning shake!)
- Homemade Larabars (I make these for my husband to take to work with him. I usually use the cinnamon-vanilla)
- Homemade Whipped Cream (Making whipped cream is very simple. Get some organic heavy whipping cream and pour it into a mixer (I have a standing one) and begin to beat it on medium high. It will begin to thicken. You can add your favorite sweetener, I use maple syrup. Then add 1 tsp - 1 tbsp of your favorite extract. I usually used vanilla but I used vanilla-espresso recently and it was amazing!)
- Baking (cookies, cakes, brownies always call for vanilla extract, but you could add a different extract like clove, nutmeg, cinnamon-vanilla for a nice change of flavor! You will never regret it.)
- Add some to your favorite coffee or tea. (This would call for 1/4 of a tsp usually, but it adds some really great flavor to your morning coffee or tea)
- Cooking (add to waffles, pancakes, etc. My favorite for this is cinnamon or cinnamon-vanilla)
- Diffuse (if you have a diffuser, you can add a few drops of extract to diffuse throughout your home or office)
- Add to cleaning products (if you make your own cleaning products, like I do, you can add either essential oil or extracts, I personally add cinnamon and orange together)
- If you are hosting a party, you can put some extract in a ceramic dish and put it in the oven & your whole home will smell amazing! I like to use cinnamon-vanilla & clove for this.
- You can boil water & extract as well and have a similar outcome.
- I make my own ice cream, I either make it just like the whipped cream, or I make it with frozen bananas. I like to add an extract to get good flavor.
- I use all of them for my organic beauty product line to scent the products.
- I add vanilla to my sweet potatoes or squash when I cook it!
- If you make your own kombucha soda or water kefir, adding vanilla or any other extract is extremely helpful!
- Freshen up the fridge or freezer! Take some baking soda and add about a tsp of extract! I like clove in the fridge.
- Mix it with some water and make a pet spray! (We all know how dogs smell like well... a wet dog sometimes. Simply take some water and some extract and put it in a spray bottle and spray your doggy down! )
- Does your microwave smell funny? Take a bowl or coffee mug and put about a tsp to a table spoon in it and microwave it for about 45 - 60 seconds!
- If you are painting a room (mommy to be here) add 1 tsp of extract to to paint and mix it well. It will neutralize the paint smell!
- Add some cinnamon extract to some raw honey if you have a sore throat! It will help you get better faster!
- If you want to make "chocolate covered" anything-- you can add 1/4 tsp of your favorite extract to the chocolate (vanilla espresso is amazing) and it will add some nice flavor!
- Last but not least-- if you want to freshen up your clothes or your car take some extract and mix it with some water & put it in a spray bottle and spray away! Just like fabreeze!
Who am I?
My name is Jessica Kellaway! I am the earth loving, natural parenting, Jesus loving weirdo your mama might have warned you about!
I'm 28 and live in Mid-Michigan with my husband, 2 children, 2 dogs, and 2 cats.
I am also the owner of an organic, chemical free skin care product line, called HBC Organics.
4 Minute Workout
7 Day Detoxing Diet