Everyone knows when you have the flu or are ill in anyway it can be difficult to eat properly. A lot of doctors use to "go to" Gatorade or Powerade to keep your electrolytes in balance. There are a few things that you should try to eat when you are ill:
- coconut water- this will help keep your blood sugar up without all the high fructose corn syrup
- homemade vegetable soup- use fresh ingredients
- oatmeal- try making some plain oatmeal - no sugar
- hard boiled egg whites- just throw out the yolk
- fruit Popsicle- make your own with fresh fruit
- turkey- the lean protein will help your body fight off the illness
- ginger- this is great for calming your stomach
- hot tea- chai tea or green tea is good also chamomile herbal tea
- bananas- great on the stomach
- don't forget plenty of water and plenty of sleep! Follow up your illness with a detoxing bath and diet for a few days
Who am I?
My name is Jes! I am the earth loving, natural parenting, Jesus loving weirdo your mama might have warned you about! I am the owner of an organic, chemical free skin care product line, called HBC Organics.